NANNO JISKOOT was born in Malawi, Africa.
With a background in psychology and documentary filmmaking, Nanno kick started his career as a commercial director collaborating with Wieden + Kennedy on his spot 'We are who we become', for which he won the Young Director Award in Cannes in 2015 and got nominated at the ADCN awards for best film director that same year.
His commitment, cinematic eye and his deep appreciation of the actor-director relationship lead him to win several awards and nominations ever since.
If Nanno isn’t writing or directing, you probably find him hiking or sailing to experience life fully now.
AWARDS & NOMINATIONS
- 2018 ADCN Nomination, Best Film, MoveS
- 2017 ADCN Nomination, Best Director, Nederlandse Loterij
- 2017 San Accent Nomination, Samsung ‘Own the Twilight’
- 2016 Winner San Accent 2016, Oikocredit
- 2016 ADCN silver lamp, Dance for Life
- 2015 ADCN Nomination, Best Director, We are who we become
- 2015 Cannes, Young Director Award, We are who we become
- 2011 Holland Doc Award, Gaaf Zijn, Netherlands Film Festival